St. John's Church: The Parish Register, Historical Events [p.433]

 

TitleSt. John's Church: The Parish Register, Historical Events [p.433]
ItemSt. John's Church: The Parish Register, Historical Events [p.433]
Names In the middle of Nov. 1956, Pastor Robert Richter of Erie, Pa. was invited to present a guest sermon at St. John’s. The following week a call was extended to him, which call was accepted as of Dec. 27, 1956. During the first 2 years of Pastor Richter’s ministry the congregation grew from 199 communing members to 260. The Sunday School also grew and the feeling became evident that larger facilities must be provided. Jan 1959, Plans were presented for rebuilding the old Sanctuary and adding an Educational Unit. Also a plan for using the “Bonding” system of giving was laid before the congregation. Jan. 1960, the plans were approved and the Council was authorized to proceed with construction, this was not to exceed $135,000.00. April 1961 Ground was broken and on April 8, 1962 the new building was dedicated having been erected at a cost of $134,500.00. On March 28th 1963, Pastor Richter presented his resignation to the church council to become effective June 10th
Identifier45312
Date Original 
Date Digital2006-01-25
Subject(s)Church Records
CreatorSt. John's Lutheran Church
SourceGenealogical Society of Utah
Publisher 
LanguageEnglish
ContributorsKokomo-Howard County Public Library [KHCPL]
RelationScanned from the original document at KHCPL by GSU
TranscriptionNONE
CollectionChurch: St. John's
Usage StatementInformation in this record is provided for personal research purposes only and may not be reproduced for publication. If you have questions about copyright issues, please contact Digital Images @ Intellectual Reserve Inc.